I have always loved fried rice. I could probably eat an entire bowl. The great thing about this recipe is that you can add whatever you would like! I have added bacon, chicken, and ham. It is the perfect fried rice base and they say the secret ingredient to get the authentic Chinese taste is sesame oil. Whatever it may be it is fantastic!
I had my entire family over for Chinese night. It was a lot of work, but I wanted them to experience my famous sweet and sour chicken. They absolutely loved it and agreed that it tasted straight from a restaurant.
I always serve this amazing fried rice with all of my Chinese dishes. It is easy and goes perfectly as a side!
Ingredients in Fried Rice
* White long grain rice- Day old and cold rice help to keep it from being mushy.
* Small white onion
* Vegetables- Peas and Carrots. You can also add in other veggies such as bell pepper, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, snow peas and cabbage.
* Sesame Oil
* Soy Sauce
* Green Onions- Garnish with adding in sliced green onions right at the end!
How to make Fried Rice
– Preheat Skillet. Turn your skillet to medium high heat and pour sesame oil into the bottom of your skillet and add the onion, peas and carrots. Fry this until they are tender.
– Slide the veggies to the side. Pour the beaten eggs onto the other side. Use a spatula to scramble the eggs. Mix them together with the veggies.
– Add the rice. Combine it with the veggie and egg mixture. Pour the soy sauce on top and stir until it is heated throughout. Garnish with green onions.
Source – TheRecipeCritic