A 13-year-old Guruve girl who felt neglected after her parents divorced committed suicide on Tuesday.
Mashonaland Central Province deputy police spokesperson Sergeant Major Samuel Chikasha confirmed the incident.
Sharon Dhuzora consumed Shockwave, a pesticide used for tobacco farming yesterday.
Her uncle Consta Dhuzora discovered her writhing in pain while lying on the ground in their yard and inquired what the problem was.
She allegedly told him that she had inhaled the pesticide because she felt her mother was neglecting her.
Following a separation with her father, the mother is alleged to have never paid her a visit.
She was rushed to Guruve hospital for treatment where she was pronounced dead upon arrival.
The body is still at Guruve Hospital awaiting post-mortem.
The police urged parents to constantly stay in contact with their children all the time despite separating.
“I appeal to all parents that they should keep in touch with their children even after divorcing to ensure that they do not feel neglected.
In other news – Male s3x workers on the rise in Kwekwe
The National Aids Council (NAC) has noted an increase in the number of male sex workers in the Kwekwe District.
NAC co-ordinator for Kwekwe urban, Ms Fadzai Mudondo said there was a need to engage them so that they do not contract sexually transmitted infections and suffer in silence. Learn More